How to Scan to Email with ScanSnap Manager Quick Menu On or Off
At ScanSnap, we often use the phrase “going paperless” as a general catch-all for not only the desire to declutter and digitize but the many different tactics employable on your journey to eliminating paper from your daily work and/or life.
Going paperless is easier said than done. It takes organization, diligence, and follow-through to achieve any real measurable level of progress toward paperless living. However, if you’re a proud owner of one of our ScanSnap scanners you have a tool at your disposal that will help you achieve this, especially in combination with a few simple tips and tricks from us.
For anyone using our scanners in a business or work environment, digital documents are a way of life and often the primary way we share or deliver work regardless of our industry of focus. These days, that often means sharing and collaborating via cloud services; however, for many the email attachment is the delivery method of choice. With that in mind, we are providing those folks with a quick overview of how to scan to email to efficiently manage newly scanned documents.
Scanning a document and having it attached directly to an email with no hassle is a scanning/email-reliant worker’s dream scenario. With a ScanSnap, scanning to email can be done in two ways.
If you regularly scan only to email you will want to follow the “Quick Menu OFF” steps to take in order to get your paper documents attached to an email and sent right away! In instances where you will need to scan documents to more than one destination you should follow the steps for doing this with the “Quick Menu ON.”
Scanning to Email with Quick Menu OFF:
1. First, check to make sure the “Quick Menu” is turned OFF. To do this, right-click on the ScanSnap icon in the toolbar at the bottom of your computer screen and select “Scan Button Settings.”
2. ScanSnap Manager will appear. Make sure the “Use Quick Menu” box is NOT checked off. This is located at the top-left corner of ScanSnap manager.
3. Next, select the “Application” tab and choose the “Scan to Email” option from the drop-down menu. Click “Apply” then click “OK.”
4. Now you can place your documents in the document feeder of your ScanSnap and push the illuminated blue button. After the documents have been scanned, a prompt will pop up to rename the PDF file. Once you have finished renaming the file, click “Attach.” This will automatically open your Outlook email and attached the document. The document is now ready to send via email.
Scanning to Email with Quick Menu ON:
1. To make sure the “Quick Menu” is turned ON, right-click on the ScanSnap icon in the toolbar at the bottom of your computer screen and select “Scan Button Settings.”
2. ScanSnap Manager will appear. Make sure the “Use Quick Menu” box IS checked off. This is located at the top-left corner of ScanSnap manager.
3. Load your documents into the document feeder of your ScanSnap, and push the illuminated blue button.
4. After the documents are finished being scanned the “Quick Menu” will appear. You will then have different options to choose from for where you would like your documents to be scanned and stored.
5. Click the “Scan to Email” application, which is the first application found in the second row.
6. Again, you will have the option to rename the document.
7. When finished renaming the document or leaving the document as-is, click “Attach.” Again, this will open Outlook and automatically attach the file to an email. The document is now ready to be sent.
Business Development Manager
Fujitsu Computer Products of America