Creating SmartVault ScanSnap Profiles for Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanners
If you have a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, you can use SmartVault ScanSnap profiles with your scanner to quickly go paperless and store your documents in the cloud. First, create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles on your local computer. Then use the SmartVault Inbox to quickly scan documents into folders in the SmartVault portal. In addition, if you use QuickBooks, you can use the SmartVault Toolbar to quickly scan and attach documents to more than 30 QuickBooks entries.
Verify that you have installed SmartVault Desktop software version 126.96.36.199 or later installed on your computer. The SmartVault Desktop software version 188.8.131.52 or later contains the SmartVault ScanSnap Profile Maker program that you will use to quickly create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.To create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles for a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner:
- On the Start menu, click Start > Programs > SmartVault > SmartVault Launchpad.
- On the SmartVault Launchpad, click SmartVault Updates.
- When the Check for Updates dialog box displays, confirm that the version displayed in the Version field is version 184.108.40.206 or higher.
- If you have a version prior to 220.127.116.11 installed, click Install Now and then OK to update your SmartVault Desktop software to the latest version. When the update completes, verify that version 18.104.22.168 or later displays in the Version field.
For more information about installing the SmartVault Desktop software, see “Understanding and Installing the SmartVault Desktop Software”.
- Make sure your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner is connected to your local computer and turned on.
- Verify that the Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner and software is installed and working correctly.
If you see the ScanSnap icon in your system tray, the ScanSnap software is installed. The following image shows how the ScanSnap software icon displays when properly installed.
|ScanSnap S300ScanSnap S500ScanSnap S510||ScanSnap S1100ScanSnap S1300ScanSnap S1500|
If you do not see a ScanSnap icon in your system tray, or if the icon has a red circle with a slash symbol, consult your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner documentation and verify your Fujitsu ScanSnap installation and configuration.
- Use the SmartVault ScanSnap Profile Maker to create a SmartVault ScanSnap profiles for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner by completing the following steps:
- On the SmartVault Launchpad, click Fujitsu ScanSnap Integration.
- Verify that Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager is installed on your computer, and then click Create Profiles.
SmartVault creates a SmartVault Inbox profile and a SmartVault Toolbar profile for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.
Review the confirmation message, and then click Close.
- In the notification area of your computer desktop, left-click the ScanSnap icon and verify that the following two profiles display:
– SmartVault Inbox
– SmartVault Toolbar
The following image shows the two SmartVault ScanSnap profiles that should display after you run the SmartVault ScanSnap Profile Maker program.
- By default, the SmartVault Inbox profile is selected. You can use the SmartVault Inbox profile to scan documents into secure folders using the SmartVault Inbox. For more information, see “Scanning Documents into Folders Using the SmartVault Inbox and Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanners”.
- If you use QuickBooks and you want to scan and attach documents directly to entries in QuickBooks using the SmartVault Toolbar, select the SmartVault Toolbar profile. For more information see “Attaching Documents to QuickBooks Entries Using the SmartVault Toolbar”.