Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions
With every new product, there are always questions on how to use the product to its fullest potential. We receive a lot of good comments and questions from our ScanSnap users about our scanners and thought it would make sense to share these with you just in case you might have the same question or are wondering how to do something.
1. Where can I get more information about ScanSnap scanners and ultimately, purchase one?
- Before you decide which scanner is perfect for you, visit the Fujitsu site in order to compare the different models (S1100/S1300i/iX500) and features. If you would like to purchase a scanner, please check with our favorite online retailer or check here for a list of partners.
2. Why don’t ScanSnap scanners come with TWAIN drivers?
- The short answer is we simply can’t make ScanSnap the easy one-touch scanner while running on a TWAIN driver. Click here for more details.
3. Can ScanSnap create multi-page and single-page PDFs?
- Yes, ScanSnap can create both multi-page and single-page PDFs to cater to your scanning needs. Read through this guide to find out how.
4. My scans are going in backwards. Is there a way to set up my ScanSnap for face-up scanning using a PC?
- This is a simple settings change. This article will show you how to change your settings for face up scanning.
5. I have multiple business cards that I would like to export from CardMinder to Microsoft Excel. How would I go about doing this?
- You can easily export business cards from CardMinder to Microsoft Excel along with other applications such as Outlook, Act, SalesForce, etc. Learn how to do this by reading this article.
6. How do I scan more than 100 pages into one PDF file?
- Even though the ADF only holds 50 documents at a time, you can continue to feed paper once the initial scan is finished. To learn more about how to do this, please read this post.
7. The ScanSnap Quick Menu does not have the application that I want it to scan to. Is there a way to add an application?
- Yes, there is an easy way to add an application to the quick menu for the iX500. Just follow these directions and you will be able to scan your documents to the application of your choice.
8. Is there a way to re-organize the Quick Menu options on the ScanSnap Manager?
- With the iX500, you are able to add Favorites to your Quick Menu options so that the applications that you use more frequently will show up. Here’s how to set up your Quick Menu Favorites.
9. I want to perform a post-scan searchable PDF creation and perform background Optical Character Recognition (OCR). How do I do this?
- If you’re a Mac user, here’s a guide on how to perform post scan searchable PDF creation and how to use the searchable PDF convertor tool.
10. What is the best way for me to get tech support?
- The best way to contact tech support is to call them directly at 1-800-626-4686 Mon-Fri 5am-5pm PST.
If we did not answer your question, please feel free to submit it to us here.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Fujitsu Computer Products America